International Students – Study in Canada


Each year, more than 130,000 internationalstudents come to study in Canada. Even more come to Canada to learn English or French. Foreign students bring a rich culture to Canadian classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools.

Canada has hundreds of world class educational institutions. Almost all have foreign student programs.

In most cases, you must obtain a study permit if you want to study in Canada but before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada. If you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less, you will probably not need a study permit. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

To be eligible to study in Canada, you must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada. You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your
tuition fees , living expenses and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate. You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary. You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

Study Permit application procedures can take up to six months or more in some countries, so it essential that you apply for admission early. Using Success Immigration’s services will ensure that all of your application requirements are met.

Foreign students can work in Canada during their studies, and after they graduate. In most cases, you will need to apply for one of the student-related work permits, which are required if you want to work in a co-op or internship placement, off campus, or after graduating from your studies.

Success Immigration can help you with you obtain your Study Permit, get an extension of an existing Study Permit, or your post-graduate work permit and your application for Permanent Residence once the required criteria have been met. A temporary resident visa is required if staying in Canada more than six months. It is filed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

Students come from all over the world to study in Canada, and many stay on to work and live and raise a family after.