Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

grandparents_n_granddaughter_60If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent children (including adopted children), or other eligible relative (such as parents, grandparents or a brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is an orphan under the age of 18) to become a permanent resident. Success Immigration has been helping families reunite in Canada since 1998. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of attention to your application to ensure that your family members receive the best service possible because no two applications are identical. Our individually tailored approach will fit your personal circumstances exactly.

According to Canadian Law, the definitions or a spouse, common-law partner and a conjugal partner are as follows:

  • SpousesSpouse are partners of either sex who are legally married to each other.
  • Common-law PartnersCommon-law partners are those who have lived together continually for a minimum of one year, and are involved in an intimate and exclusive marriage-like relationship.
  • Conjugal Partners (Fiancées)Conjugal Partners are partners who are not married, have not yet lived together for a minimum of one year, and are involved in an intimate and exclusive marriage-like relationship.

If you are sponsored by a close relative or family member in Canada, he/she would have to show that they make enough income to be able to support you. If they have previously sponsored relatives or family members who subsequently received social assistance, they would not be allowed to sponsor you.

grandpa_w_kid_on_shoulders_60To sponsor a relative or family member your close relative or family member must sign an Undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and also sign a Sponsorship Agreement with each of you outlining your mutual commitments to each other. With the exception of the very elderly, you must promise to make every effort to become self-supporting.

Canada has had recent major changes to their legal system. Canada now fully recognizes same sex partners being equal in every way to opposite sex partners. Consequently, Canadian Immigration Laws also recognize same sex relationships and same sex marrige as being equivalent to opposite sex partners. Success Immigration Services provides caring and sensitive professional immigration services to the gay and lesbian communtiy worldwide. Because the changes to the law are new, our highly trained immigration consultants are especially adept at ensuring that the demanding requirements to be met in each gay, lesbian or family sponsorship application are fulfilled completely.

Canada is one of the most multi-cultural and tolerant societies in the world, with virtually every cultural and ethnic community present. Many, many immigrants choose to live in Canada for this reason alone. For the last eight years in a row the United Nations has ranked Canada as one of the best places to live in the world. This is based on the health and longevity of its citizens and on their high levels of education.

Success Immigration Services will provide you with the professional guidance and direction you need. Our personalized professional service covers every detail of your application process which will help you avoid common errors and omissions.

In addition to our immigration services, Success Immigration provides our clients with the most recent information on living and working in Canada. We can assist with job placement, renting or buying accommodation, networking with other new Canadians, establishing small businesses – everything that is required to make a smooth, successful transition to Canada. Our results are proven.